Making projects "Read only"

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yaminids
Premium Member
Premium Member

Making projects "Read only"

Post by yaminids »

Hello friends,

Can anyone please help me or direct me to posts which discuss about making existing projects read only?
I am trying to create a new user and grant him read only access so that he can monitor the jobs at night

Any help would be highly appreciated
Yamini
battaliou
Participant

Post by battaliou »

One way of making your existing jobs read only is by messing with the dsx export file. In notepad you can do a global replace on ReadOnly "0" to be ReadOnly "1" and re import the file.

This method is of course not sanctioned by the vendors and I doubt if they would give you any support if things went wrong.

Make sure you have an alternative full backup and try it on a single test job first.
3NF: Every non-key attribute must provide a fact about the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key. So help me Codd.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is the DataStage Operator role sufficient, with the "Operator can view full log" property enabled for the project? Then you only install Director client on the person's PC (use the xxxxx-DSDIR licence rather than the xxxxx-DSDES licence).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
yaminids
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by yaminids »

Thanks guys
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Isn't the Operator role still restricted to only viewing released jobs in the Director? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Champa
Participant

Post by Champa »

I tried with a routine. I could not import the modified routine back in to Datastage manager. It kept on saying that "Missing ReadOnly for the record ..."
Champa
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,

Check whether you have the value next to Readonly.
Alternatively you can try the following option in you Administrator client comand to chagne to Read only.

Code: Select all

UPDATE DS_JOBOBJECTS SET READONLY = 'RO' WHERE READONLY = 'NRO'
-Kumar
Champa
Participant

Post by Champa »

It is working fine now.

Thanks Kumar
Champa