Failed to open RT_STATUS538 file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

moekham
Premium Member
Premium Member

Failed to open RT_STATUS538 file

Post by moekham »

Hi,
I am having a problem with a sequence job that is controlling another 8 sequence jobs.
If we run the individual sequence job,we didn't receive any error.
But when we run the main sequence job,some child sequence jobs got aborted and received the error message
saying:

(DSGetJobInfo) Failed to open RT_STATUS538 file.

Could anyone explain what the cause of this error may be and whether there is any way to avoid it.

Thanks,
MK
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

Are you running the child sequences in parallel and by any chance more than 1 sequence is calling a same server job.

just a guess.
Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Another guess. :wink:

There's more to the error message, perhaps even an error -14 buried somewhere. Things run fine individually because you are not taxing your system. All at once, there is too much going on and there aren't enough resources available to support them running at the same time.

You may also need to adjust some configurables like T30FILE or MFILE and the like.

Post complete error messages.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My guess would be a corrupted RT_STATUS538 file.
You could try clearing the status file then recompiling the job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Another possibility is that the job was created and compiled by someone else whose umask setting and group membership was such that you don't have permission to open the RT_STATUS538 file.

This is less likely, but may need to be considered as a possibility.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.