Link Variables

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ewartpm
Participant

Link Variables

Post by ewartpm »

Does anyone know where the documentation for the link variables is hidden away e.g. link constants. I have searched through all the documentation and cannot find anything about link variables except the basics about how to use them. One would expect a pdf to published.
:cry:
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

One would expect.

For enlightenment, you could always, from an engine command prompt, type in SORT.ITEM DSINCLUDE. You should also be able to view the underlying information in the project/dsinclude folder. Or from DS Administrator in any project use the command prompt and type SORT.ITEM DSINCLUDE. It's ugly but you can read it.

You'll find some internal notation for these include files used at compilation time, specifically your answers are in file DSD_CONST.h.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In on-line Help from Designer or Manager, the topic you need is Input and Output Link Variables. The constants are selected from the expression editor drop-down menu. I guess, by not documenting them, "they" can add to the list as and when they choose. You will find an EQUATE declaration for each link constant in the JOBCONTROL.H file in DSINCLUDE.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ewartpm
Participant

Post by ewartpm »

Thanks Ken and Ray, much appreciated.