Info missing !

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

antojj
Participant

Info missing !

Post by antojj »

Info missing !
Last edited by antojj on Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antonio D'souza
jzparad
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by jzparad »

Personally I would prefer to keep a database table that records at least the following information

Job start time
Job end time
Number of records extracted

You can then query this table for the max date prior to starting the next run. Storing information on a file on the operating system is risky and this gives you the added advantage of being able to track changes in record numbers and processing time.

Obviously this whole design is based on the assumption that all tables to be extracted will have a timestamp attribute.
Jim Paradies
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage is not a report-writer.

Please don't ask for urgent help here - it causes offence. We are an all-volunteer site, who post (unpaid) when we can.

If you want urgent support, sign up for premium support from your service provider, and discover the true cost of "urgent".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
antojj
Participant

Post by antojj »

ray.wurlod wrote:DataStage is not a report-writer.

Please don't ask for urgent help here - it causes offence. We are an all-volunteer site, who post (unpaid) when we can.

If you want urgent support, sign up for premium support from your service provider, and discover the true cost of "urgent".
Ray,
I removed the post. In future this wont happen.

Regards,
Antonio D'souza