The host name specified is not valid, [81011]

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

antojj
Participant

The host name specified is not valid, [81011]

Post by antojj »

I am posting this error, because i am not able to find the post for the error No : 81011.

1) I am getting this error when i am trying to connect to datastage server.
This does not happen in the past, since i was using the datastage client ver 7.5 to connect to the server box (different machine).

2) I am not able to ping the machine with the ip address. The host name is : MIS_PROD. But the ip address is different than which i was using previously. Does this means that the machine wont ping when i issue a ping command.

sugggest me a solution to overcome this error and connect to the server box.

Regards,
Antonio D'souza
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Anto,

this is an OS level error, nothing to do with DataStage as you've already detected - if a ping won't work then DS won't either.

Somewhere your network has either a misconfiguration or a firewall blocking your access to that ip address. You can trace part of the path by issuing a "tracert MIS_PROD" and you can also do it the other way, by going to your MIS_PROD from some PC where you can access it and doing a "tracert {YourPCIpAddress". Also, what sort of an in-house network do you have that may be blocking the routing?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

All errors in the 81xxx range are RPC errors. Execute this query to decode:

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM SYS.MESSAGE WHERE @ID = '081011';
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.