unable to openn Folderstage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

murali
Participant

unable to openn Folderstage

Post by murali »

Hi all
iam geting an error "unable to open folder" the error goes like this

Code: Select all

Testing_xml_1..Folder_1.DSLink2: DSD.UVOpen Unable to open folder C:\madrid\Data Files\addcodes.xml.
In my job iam using

folder stage ------------>xmlinput----------->sequentialfile

the xml file iam trying to read is on remote machine(REMMACHINE) and in the folder path i have mentioned the path of the xml file on the remote machine since the datastage server also is existing on the remote server. I have datastage client installed on my system . I have tried in many ways in reading the .xml file and iam still geting the above mentioned error
ds_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_developer »

Seems like a permissions problem to me - can you get to this folder with Windows Explorer when using the same login you use for DataStage?

John
murali
Participant

Post by murali »

hi Ds_devloper
iam able to access to that folder, ican see the files in that folder and i have selected the file by opening the remote system folder which contains the xml files from my system
Thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What happens if you use a mapped network drive or a UNC pathname?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
murali
Participant

Post by murali »

Hi ray
I have selected the files from maped net workdrive .but iam unable to open the folder and then do i have to change any thing in the folder stage ?
I have given the path in the folder stage of the data stage job (i.e the path of the NETWORK DRIVE of the remote system ) still it is giving me the same error unable to open the folder.
Thank you
Murali
jzparad
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by jzparad »

Sounds like you've put the full path to the file in the Folder Pathname. This should only contain the directory path. The actual filename (or pattern) should be in Outputs/Properties/Wildcard.
Jim Paradies
vijayindukuri
Participant

Post by vijayindukuri »

jim
thankyou, i have corrected as u said and got the result,its working fine
:lol: