Not able to connect to Oracle

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

arsheshadri
Participant

Not able to connect to Oracle

Post by arsheshadri »

Hi,

I am trying execute a simple job in which I am taking some data from a textfile and loading it to Oracle.

But when I try to run the Job, it says "Oracle_Enterprise_1: connect failed for env: null, user: SHESHA, password: *****" even though I have set all properties.

I am using Oracle Enterprise stage and have set the user name and password properties. I am connecting through a connect string called ETL and I have set this under Additional Connection Option.

The same configuration is working under serverjobs, Is there anything that I have to configure in Datastage Administrator or in Unix?

Thanks & Regards
Sheshadri
arsheshadri
Participant

Post by arsheshadri »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I checked the database and I have select permission to all dictionary views.

Do I have to do any other things apart from this?

Regards
Sheshadri
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi Sheshadri,
Try type in your ID and password directly under Oracle_Enterprise stage's Properties-->Conncetions-->DB Option Mode(Auto-Generate)-->Password and User. It should work if you are pretty sure that you have the access to those dictionary views.
BTW, Oracle_Enterprise stage only works for parallel job. Good luck.
jasper
Participant

Post by jasper »

hi,
in your error message you see :
connect failed for env: null
Under your connection in the Oracle stage you need to set the remote server property to your database name. For now it has no clue in which DB to look.
arsheshadri
Participant

Post by arsheshadri »

Thanks everyone, It is working now after setting the Remote Server property.

Regards
Sheshadri