My routines locked need to release them

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Titto
Participant

My routines locked need to release them

Post by Titto »

Hi,

One of my routine is locked while i am tesing it and i went i kill the process from unix , before that i tried to logout from "Clean Up Resource" thru Director and it did not get logged out then i kill the process from Unix. But when i tried to open the routine it still says
" Routine in file DS_ROUTINES is locked by other user" - i am sure there are no other users using other than me.

How to check deadlock daemon is running or not ?

any help is appreciated!!

Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The deadlock daemon is a process called "dslockd". You most certainly did a kill -9 which killed the pid but left the lock in DataStage. I'll just comment that many threads warn about doing this.

If your deadlock daemon is running then wait a couple of minutes and the lock will get released, the default interval is 15 minutes so that will most likely be the longest wait you will have.

If you do a "LIST.READU EVERY" from TCL you will see some link with the user being "unknown" - that's your lock.
Titto
Participant

Post by Titto »

You are correct ArndW I did use Kill -9. It's been one week still my routines are locked... looks like Deadlock deamon is not running.
is they any other way to release.

thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search the forum for information about the UNLOCK command. You must have Administrator access to use this command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Titto
Participant

Post by Titto »

I tried LIST.READU command then UNLOCK USER #### ALL command... I don't have lock management access to perform.
and looks like deadlock deamon is also not running!!! :?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Well... then have your Admin do it for you. Or have them start the deadlock deamon. Or both.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers