Script running

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DataStageCnu
Participant

Script running

Post by DataStageCnu »

Hi,

I have one questions :shock: . Please don't ignore it. :cry:

If DataStage is on one server and Oracle DB is on one server, I want to run unix script from oracle by using DataStage. Either the script on Oracle or DataStage server. Please give me some idea :idea: .... If you didn't understand my questioning, let me know.. i wll try my best :(

Thanks,
cnu
Thanks,
Cnu

We work together to workout...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

DataStageCnu,

you request that this forum doesn't ignore your question is even worse than asking for urgent help. No posts to this forum are ever ignored - if you don't get an answer it means that nobody has an answer to give you!

In this case the answer isn't found in DataStage, but in PL/SQL. The DataStage job goes through the API to issue PL/SQL commands; so if you can figure out a way for this to execute a UNIX shell script or to call an oracle stored procedure which calls a shell script you will have your solution.

I used the following google search to find several answers: "execute shell script from PL/SQL"
DataStageCnu
Participant

Post by DataStageCnu »

Hi ArndW,

Its have searched and found some kind of mechanism to invoke unix script from SP, but it is really sloopy...

Is there any other way i can achieve the same thing with in dataStage.

:arrow: :idea:
Thanks,
Cnu

We work together to workout...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

No, there isn't. Any scripts executed directly from DataStage would be run on the DS server, not on the DB server. There are various ways to execute remote shell scripts from UNIX (rsh for example), but nothing in DataStage to do so.