hash file output link Copy

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

samuel.rajesh
Participant

hash file output link Copy

Post by samuel.rajesh »

hi ,i need the output link or copy from the hash file to different transformers

Db2stage------->Hash --------->transformer1 ------->

transformer2

Now i need the copy of the link from the hash to be connected to transformer 2 or the same column defintions,there is only one output tab in the hash file,how to do this ?

This has been done in a diferent job,jus cant figure out how to do this without using a extra transformer.

Thanks
Samuel.
MaheshKumar Sugunaraj
Participant

Post by MaheshKumar Sugunaraj »

Hi Samuel,

I really don't thing its possible to get mutiple output links from the HASH file, i.e., Can Get One Stream Output and the others reference outputs Only. But if your planning to do it that way, u can have mutiple output links from the same hash file stage on to a Link Collector and then used the output of it to a Transformer.

If you had been using Parallel Extender what ur trying to achieve could be done using a COPY Stage but you donot have Hash file concept in it.

But could you pls explain as to what your planning to achieve by doing the way you stated.

With Regards
Mahesh
samuel.rajesh
Participant

Post by samuel.rajesh »

MaheshKumar Sugunaraj wrote:Hi Samuel,

I really don't thing its possible to get mutiple output links from the HASH file, i.e., Can Get One Stream Output and the others reference outputs Only. But if your planning to do it that way, u can have mutiple output links from the same hash file stage on to a Link Collector and then used the output of it to a Transformer.

If you had been using Parallel Extender what ur trying to achieve could be done using a COPY Stage but you donot have Hash file concept in it.

But could you pls explain as to what your planning to achieve by doing the way you stated.

With Regards
Mahesh

Hi Mahesh,
the job which i need to modify is a complex one ,and if i insert a transformer,i will have to change a lot of links,in a different job i saw a hash file with two reference links,if i can use the link in another transformer without changing the orginal job links much.Coud you tell how to do this .

Thanks
Samuel.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You can have multiple output streams from a hashed file stage as well as multiple reference streams AND even several input streams, too. Just draw a link in the appropriate direction to/from the hashed file stage.
samuel.rajesh
Participant

Post by samuel.rajesh »

ArndW wrote:You can have multiple output streams from a hashed file stage as well as multiple reference streams AND even several input streams, too. Just draw a link in the appropriate direction to/from the hashed file stage.
Hi Arnd,
i tried that ,but that box on the link which appears when the definitions are made does not appear.what shoudl be done both output shoudl have the definitions.

Thanks
Samuel.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Since you can define a single hashed file stage (by this I mean the graphical object in the designer) to have multiple output links with multiple hashed files, each of the output link attributes needs to be defined; so if you have 2 links to the same file you will need to click on the drop-down list in the hashed file stage to select the appropriate output link and then enter the information (file name/path, columns, etc.)
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

Hi Samuel,

is it only something optical or are metadata definitions not feasible?

I've tried and it works for me.

Wolfgang
samuel.rajesh
Participant

Post by samuel.rajesh »

ArndW wrote:Since you can define a single hashed file stage (by this I mean the graphical object in the designer) to have multiple output links with multiple hashed files, each of the output link attributes needs to be defined; so if you have 2 links to the same file you will need to click on the drop-down list in the hashed file stage to select the appropriate output link and then enter the information (file name/path, columns, etc.)
thanks a lot Arnd,got it right.
samuel.rajesh
Participant

Post by samuel.rajesh »

WoMaWil wrote:Hi Samuel,

is it only something optical or are metadata definitions not feasible?

I've tried and it works for me.

Wolfgang
Hi ,
i did not know how to do it,Arnd was kind enough to tell me how to do it.

Thanks for your Concern
Samuel.