DSD.SEQOpen Failed to open <file> in <dir>

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rafidwh
Participant

Post by rafidwh »

i am using a sequential file as a source and when iam trying to view data iam getting this error message,but the same job with same parameters the onsite guys could able to view the data

the error :MlkuexpReconBaseBEST..LoadBest.in1BbaExtract: DSD.SEQOpen Failed to open LoadBest.txt in directory /etldata/hccr/HCCR_DEV/temp
STATUS = -1.
pl help me out
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check permissions on every directory in the pathname.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
antojj
Participant

Post by antojj »

I am also getting the same error.

The error reads as :
ANSHMANP..Output_Number.DSLink5: DSD.SEQOpen Failed to open Number_Manipulation.txt in directory c:\output_data_ds STATUS = 2.

I was able to read another file in the same directory for some other transformer job.

I dont have any permission issue for this folder.

Appreciate if someone can help me out.

Regards,
Antonio D'souza
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Can you open & edit the file in Notepad? If you copy the file in the same directory can you read it through your job if you change it as well? Are you 100% certain that there are no hidden spaces in your filename? You can check this quite easily with the view-data in the designer; even using the browse function to indentify the file.
antojj
Participant

Post by antojj »

Now, I am able to see the following info after i ran the job.

Designer :
The links are in red color .
Input and output data are able to view using the "view data".

Director : The following messages are displayed.
1) ANSHMANP..Output_Numbers: Using project default NLS map MS1252
2) ANSHMANP..Transformer_3 (DSSendMail): Parameter 1 ('anto@is.com') does not start with a keyword
3) ANSHMANP..Transformer_3: |Error 1 returned from AFTER routine DSU.DSSendMail|
4) Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage ANSHMANP..Transformer_3
5) Job ANSHMANP aborted.

I re-compiled again and ran the job. Even then i am getting the same problem.
The job is executing and aborting with results. The output file is generated in the Server also. I am able to see the output file also.

Regards,
Antonio D'souza
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Your job is failing because of your DSSendMail routine call; it doesn't seem to have a problem with your sequential source file at all. If you remove your after-job call temporarily (before you fix the parameter errors) the job should run to completion without an error.
antojj
Participant

Post by antojj »

ArndW wrote:Your job is failing because of your DSSendMail routine call; it doesn't seem to have a problem with your sequential source file at all. If you remove your after-job call temporarily (before you fix the parameter errors) the job should run to completion without an error.
Yes that's the right one.

But, I need to send the output to a email. For that purpose i kept the routine DSSENDMail in after-job.

Suggest me a solution.
Antonio D'souza
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Antojj,

fix your DSSendMail call. You are giving it incorrect parameters. Have you read the DSSendMail definition in the BASIC Programmer's Guide? Your first portion of the string should read "From:You@Mail.Com"...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: DSD.SEQOpen Failed to open <file> in <dir>

Post by ray.wurlod »

antojj wrote:I am also getting the same error.

The error reads as :
ANSHMANP..Output_Number.DSLink5: DSD.SEQOpen Failed to open Number_Manipulation.txt in directory c:\output_data_ds STATUS = 2.

I was able to read another file in the same directory for some other transformer job.

I dont have any permission issue for this folder.

Appreciate if someone can help me out.

Regards,
STATUS = 2 means "file not found" both in UNIX and in DOS.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
antojj
Participant

Re: DSD.SEQOpen Failed to open <file> in <dir>

Post by antojj »

STATUS = 2 means "file not found" both in UNIX and in DOS.
Hi ,

The file is present in the target link. I am able to see the data after the transformer ran.

I am not able to send email once the transformer ran.
I configured the settings in the Transformer stage as follows :
1) open the transformer.
2) In "After-stage subroutine" i selected DSSendMail and the Input value entered as "From:You@Mail.Com".
3) I am still getting the error as
ANSHMANP..Transformer_3 (DSSendMail): The following tokens in the 'dssendmail_template.txt' file have not been set in the call to DSSendMail: %to%,%server%
4) Can someone suggest a solution ? Is there any property settings do i need to make for the DSSendMail function ?

Regards,[/quote]
Antonio D'souza
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

antojj,

you need to read the documentation on how to set up your mail environment in DataStage. Have you even looked at the template file? Think about it, you have told the DSSendMail from whom the mail is supposed to be coming but haven't told it other vital things such as recipient, subject and even the mail body.

Please read the manuals then ask. Also, the way you are calling the DSSendMail after-stage subroutine it will get executed for every row in your data stream going through the transform stage, is this what you want?
antojj
Participant

Post by antojj »

I am just looking for the output records to be send in a email. (At the end of the transformation).

The vital things such as recipient, subject and even the mail body will be the predefined contents.

Where can i configure the DSSendMail component ?
Antonio D'souza
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You will need to put the send mail as an after-job call to have it executed once per job; right now it will execute every row.

The configuration of the DSSendMail() utility is done only through modificaton of the dssendmail_template.txt file and through the parameter list. Please take the time to read the documentation on DSSendMail, it will answer your questions in detail. Also, a search of this forum might also show some threads which deal with this subject.