PRINTER memory segment error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chinek
Participant

PRINTER memory segment error

Post by chinek »

Has anyone seen this warning before ?

PRINTER memory segment removed
DataStage Job 1822 Phantom 26741
DataStage Phantom Finished

this job used to run without any warnings but all of a sudden we see a warning about PRINTER memory. Seem really weird. The job did finish though.

Nick
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's not an error, it's really an informational message.
Each DataStage phantom (background process) is allocated a segment in shared memory. For historical reasons, this segment is called the process's "printer shared memory segment". When a process is finished, and another process starts soon afterwards and is allocated the same DataStage user number, the printer shared memory segment from the previous process has to be removed as part of the login procedure for the new process. The message informs you that this has occurred.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ak77
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ak77 »

Ray -
When a process is finished, and another process starts soon afterwards and is allocated the same DataStage user number, the printer shared memory segment from the previous process has to be removed as part of the login procedure for the new process. The message informs you that this has occurred.
How to avoid this error or how to remove the login procedure for the new process?

Kishan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Make sure everyone always disconnects cleanly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ak77
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ak77 »

Thanks Ray

I will see to that

I thank everybody who is making this forum, a big success

This forum has been of great help

Thanks again
Kishan