Filling date mark in dynamic query

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by RodBarnes »

ameyvaidya wrote:Hi Rod,
What version of DataStage are you using? Is it 7.5 and above?
The Sequence can be designed as...
After reading a couple of other posts (thread 97354), I realized I didn't really understand your suggestion. It helped me to see what you meant. I have never used a Routine Activity but it seems the right way to get where I am going.

Thanks.
RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by RodBarnes »

A follow up question, since I have never used the Routine Activity -- and the docs basically suck with regard to explaining much about the type of routine or its contents.

Though my routine is returning the right value from the file, the job log is giving me this error:

seqTest..JobControl (@ReadMarkTime): Routine DSU.GetParamFromFile did not finish OK, return code = '2005-12-08 13:04:06'

So, clearly, it expects some other format. The routine is currently a transform function and puts my value into the Ans variable. Is there some other variable I am supposed to use for this?. Or maybe it needs to be a before/after function using the ErrorCode value?

Thanks.
Do you have a sample routine activity you could share?
ameyvaidya
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by ameyvaidya »

Amey Vaidya<i>
I am rarely happier than when spending an entire day programming my computer to perform automatically a task that it would otherwise take me a good ten seconds to do by hand.</i>
<i>- Douglas Adams</i>
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That should be because you'be enable to option to 'automatically handle things that fail' or some such. A routine that returns a non-zero answer is considered to have failed in that regard.

Either turn that option off or I believe it will only auto-check if you don't have a failure trigger - add one and it should stop checking for you.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
RodBarnes
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by RodBarnes »

chulett wrote:That should be because you'be enable to option to 'automatically handle things that fail'...
I tried both your methods -- disabled the "Automatically handle activities that fail" in the sequence properties; added a trigger to handle the "failure" case -- and they both allowed processing to continue. Unfortunately, neither removed the error message in the log.

Code: Select all

seqTest..JobControl (@ReadMarkTime): Routine DSU.GetParamFromFile did not finish OK, return code = '2005-12-08 13:04:06'
Is there no way to prevent this error? It isn't that big of a deal I guess but it seems like there should be a way to do this without it thinking there was an error. I do see I can disable the option 'Log warnings after activities that finish with status other than OK' but that disables it for all activities.

Thanks for the help!