Array size

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DataStageCnu
Participant

Array size

Post by DataStageCnu »

Hi All,

I would like to know about arrays in DataStage. ( source and targets stages). Is there any limit depends on system config, or it depends on configuring DataStage?
If it is the case, where can i configure these settings. Every time i am running out of memory if i use array size over 100000 - 300000...
Memory allocation problems. Most of the time, OCI, DB2 drivers are returning these errors.

Please suggest me in right way...
Thanks,
Cnu

We work together to workout...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The size you choose for your array is dependant upon your allocated DB/2 buffer size. I think that this is 4096 Bytes, the array size should be computed by the following formula INT(<DB Buffer Size>/<record width>). Choosing your array sizes of 100,000 is guaranteed to provide some incredibly slow performance. More common are values lower than 100.
DataStageCnu
Participant

Increase array size

Post by DataStageCnu »

ArndW wrote:The size you choose for your array is dependant upon your allocated DB/2 buffer size. I think that this is 4096 Bytes, the array size should be computed by the following formula INT(<DB Buffer Size>/<record width>). Choosing your array sizes of 100,000 is guaranteed to provide some incredibly slow performance. More common are values lower than 100.
Actually i am using DRS stage, which is used in EPM project (PeopleSoft). How can i increase array size to my requirement. Please let me know where can i do this... what i need to do
Thanks,
Cnu

We work together to workout...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The buffer size is a function of the database. Find out from you DBA what your configuration's setting are and compute the array size accordingly. I would recommend at least pretending you have a 4Kb buffer. If your row width is 40 characters/bytes then your array size should be no bigger than 100.