How to set no limits as warning while running the job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

divine
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to set no limits as warning while running the job

Post by divine »

Hello to everybody.

I am facing a typical problem. When I choose warning to no limit than also the job aborts after 50 warning. I have searched this topic in this forum but I did not get a clear answer how top avoid 50 warnings and put it to no limit. I need help to finish this job as it is in the last stage and I need to schedule the job with no limits as warning.

Hope to get a clear and quick answer from the forum.
With Regards
Biswajit
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi divine,

You will be getting the answer as "Search" :wink:

If you are running from sequencer you can go to the LIMITS tab while run time and set it to "No Limit" to Warnings which has the high precedence. If you are running from command prompt you have the option of warn -0.

-Kumar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

One answer would be - why? Jobs should run with zero errors or warnings, setting it to unlimited is just asking for trouble.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

If your running via dsjob then set the parameter of -warn to 0
divine
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by divine »

Dear chulett,

I am absolutly agree with your point. But I am running a job in a loop and the job will going to stop once a particular file available to the job and this file also going to create in a certain time.So every time when job runs it looks for the file and when it did not find the file it gives a warning. So I need to put no limit to the warning . But when ever I put No limit the job aborts after 50 warning. I know there will be some other ooption will be available but in this point of time I need to know how to put to no limit .

Thanks and Regards.
With Regards
Biswajit
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sounds like you should do something to test for the existance of the file first, rather than let the job error out if it doesn't. Would the WaitForFile stage help you in this regard? What about a routine to test for the file - one that doesn't error if it doesn't exist, merely reports that fact - and then only actually run the job when the file is there to be processed?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers