Reject Records

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

antojj
Participant

Reject Records

Post by antojj »

Hi All,

The query is for sending the reject records to a sequential file based on a criteria.
I have a input sequential file : which has 10 records.

I have a transformer defined which splits the data based on the criteria and directs to clean / reject data (2 sequential files).

I have used a single condition in the transformer for the corresponding link (reject data) as linkname.no >= "105". The rejected records are been directed to the reject sequential file. This is done as expected.

The problem is the rejected records are been loaded in the clean data (after the job gets finished).

I need to solve this problem.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Regards,
Antonio D'souza
ganive
Participant

Re: Reject Records

Post by ganive »

Hi,

So, if I understand well, you've got a condition (linkname.no >= "105") for you reject link and none for the "clean" one ?
If you don't have any condition on a link, every input data will be processed in this link.

Maybe you should define a condition for the "Clean" data (linkname.no <= "105") and then each data which doesn't match this condition will be discard in your reject link ?

antojj wrote:Hi All,

The query is for sending the reject records to a sequential file based on a criteria.
I have a input sequential file : which has 10 records.

I have a transformer defined which splits the data based on the criteria and directs to clean / reject data (2 sequential files).

I have used a single condition in the transformer for the corresponding link (reject data) as linkname.no >= "105". The rejected records are been directed to the reject sequential file. This is done as expected.

The problem is the rejected records are been loaded in the clean data (after the job gets finished).

I need to solve this problem.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Regards,
--------
GaNoU
--------
antojj
Participant

Re: Reject Records

Post by antojj »

Hi ganive,

Thanks a lot for the useful information.
That really helped in getting the things done.

Resolution :
1. I have created 2 constraints for both the links (clean data and dirty data).
2. The constraint for clean data : DSLink4.No <= "105"
3. The constraint for clean data : DSLink4.No >= "105" and the Reject checkbox is checked.
4. Save and Run the tansformer.
5. You get the result.

Regards,
Antonio D'souza
kcshankar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kcshankar »

Hi Anto,

Give the constraint (DSLink4.No <= "105") for clean Data
and use reject row option for the other.

regards
kcs
antojj
Participant

Reject Records

Post by antojj »

But , cant i give only 1 constraint for Clean data .
No constraint in Reject data and check the check box for Reject Row.

I tried by this method and i am getting all records (including the rejected records in clean data). Reject data is getting correctly.

Any Suggestions ...drop a reply.
Antonio D'souza
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If that's true then all records satisfy the constraint expression, which clearly would need refinement. Make sure that the reject-handling link is executed last.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
krishobby
Participant

Rejected Records

Post by krishobby »

Try giving DSLink4.No <= "105" for the clean and
DSLink4.REJECTED in the reject link.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,
As Ray mentioned, Check with your given condition and order, if reject record gets messed up with clean data.
Prefer otherwise option over reject for the conditional reject.
Parallel edition dont have even the check box for reject :wink:

-Kumar