How to use Session Date in Transformer Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Sreenivas
Participant

How to use Session Date in Transformer Stage

Post by Sreenivas »

Hi,

I am trying to use DSJobStartDate to get the Current Date into Transformer Stage and to pass the same to Database. The system is throwing the following warning. Please suggest how to use the System Date not Datetime.

K_FDM84_88_JOBCODE_TBL..k_exp_JOBCODE_TBL: At row 1, link "k_exp_JOBCODE_TBL", while processing column "LAST_UPDATE_DATE"
Value treated as NULL
Attempt to convert String value "2005-12-19" to Date type unsuccessful

Thanks,
Sreenivas
ppalka
Participant

Re: How to use Session Date in Transformer Stage

Post by ppalka »

In job properties select Parameters tab and then click Add environment variable and then New. In a name put 'date' and in prompt '$ENV'. And now you can use that variable in transformer. It will return system date. In default value put also '$ENV' and when you run the job you should put value '$ENV' for that variable.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You are getting the system date successfully, as is obvious from your error message. What you're not doing is handling it correctly.

Need more information about what you are doing to provide specific help. What target database, target field, stage used, target datatype, etc. You'll more than likely need to do more than simply dump the macro into the field's derivation, depending on your answers to the above questions.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Sreenivas
Participant

Post by Sreenivas »

chulett wrote:You are getting the system date successfully, as is obvious from your error message. What you're not doing is handling it correctly.

Need more information about what you are doing to provide specific help. What target database, target field, stage used, target datatype, etc. You'll more than likely need to do more than simply dump the macro into the field's derivation, depending on your answers to the above questions.
Thanks for the reply,
I tried the following options
using DSJobStartDate Macro, Oconv(Date(),"D/MDY[2,2,4]"). The Target Database id DB2 and the datatype is Date with 10 as field length. I am also using the same Datetype and field length in my stage and this is Nullable. It is saying "Attempt to convert String value "12/19/2005" to Date type unsuccessful".

I will appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Sreenivas
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Search the forum. From what I recall, the DB2 stage seems to want dates in internal format rather than the traditional external format you are using.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Titto
Participant

Post by Titto »

Sreenivas wrote:
chulett wrote:You are getting the system date successfully, as is obvious from your error message. What you're not doing is handling it correctly.

Thanks for the reply,
I tried the following options
using DSJobStartDate Macro, Oconv(Date(),"D/MDY[2,2,4]"). The Target Database id DB2 and the datatype is Date with 10 as field length. I am also using the same Datetype and field length in my stage and this is Nullable. It is saying "Attempt to convert String value "12/19/2005" to Date type unsuccessful".

I will appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Sreenivas
Hi Sreenivas,

Hope this will work for you

Code: Select all

Iconv("27/05/1997", "D/E")
will convert your sting data to internal format and insert that data to your target DB2 table.