How to run a job in multiple instances

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

adarsh shrinagesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by adarsh shrinagesh »

Thanks guys

I'm using the JobPID value returned, in addition to a timedate() value and it works pretty fine over the initial tests done - I'm not quite sure about usinfg the RND() function coz i agree that unless u seed it with a inherently unique value - the ouput will not be guaranteed unique - the PID concept works best.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

ArndW wrote:@NULL will always return the same series.
Hmmm... not according to the manual. Unless you mean it will always return the same series when started at the exact same time. As you noted, adding something like the pid on top of that will make it as unique as you can get.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Craig,

thanks for that - I ended up actually doing the RTFM thing and saw what you had said; I remebered that not supplying any parameter did something, but just assumed that @NULL would equate to some value which would generate repeatable sequences. I wonder if the time unit is seconds or milliseconds - I'll have to try that next week and satisfy my curiosity.