Error creating named pipe BW load pull

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

alanwms
Charter Member
Charter Member

Error creating named pipe BW load pull

Post by alanwms »

I get an error message in the RFC connection log on the DS server when executing a DataStage job from SAP BW to pull data into BW:

I: Keyname DSJob
I: Keyvalue MCDMSubmItemL045
I: Keyname $jp_BWConnection
I: Keyvalue
I: Keyname $jp_MCDMInFilePath
I: Keyname $jp_MCDMOutFilePath
I: BW Load: Running Pull Job MCDMSubmItemL045 for InfoSource ZMC_SUBMITM - Mon Dec 12 16:28:42 2005
I: BW Load: Creating Named Pipe '\\.\pipe\TB1_DSDEV_ZMC_SUBMITM_TRANSACTION_'...
I: Job Broker: DataStage Job Thread Starting.
I: Job Broker: CmdLn = e:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\dsjob.exe -user xxxxxx -password DSPASSWORD removed -run -jobstatus -wait MCDM_dev MCDMSubmItemL045
I: BW Load: DataStage Job finished a normal run with a fatal error. Status code = 3

This happens when executing the InfoPackage from within BW. When I run the version of this job from DS using a PUSH InfoPackage, it runs fine.

I am particularly interested in the named pipe error line: Is the pipe to be created on the BW server or the DS server? The '\\.\pipe\TB1...' doesn't tell me much. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to look?

Thanks,
Alan
alanwms
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by alanwms »

Problem resolved:

I've been able to trace the problem back to the BW side and have corrected a permissions issue with the target cubes. The named pipe message did not turn out to be an error but just informational.

Thanks,
Alan