getting looped with CFF

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kris_daredevil
Participant

getting looped with CFF

Post by kris_daredevil »

Hi All
I am New to Datastage and this forum. I got a question, I have a file which is comming from mainframes which has 7Million Rows , it is a direct one time load without any transformations.(The source file is in binary of 316 record length) My design is source(CFF) then Transformer then target database(oracle 9) First time i started it for a million it was good but when i tried to run it for 7M it is showing that target has 52 Million and the job is still running i looked into the director it shows no warning neither error.Then i replaced the target file with flat file it was running good for 7 Million, can any body tell me the reason behind this??? .

Thank you
Kris
KRIS
jenkinsrob
Participant

Post by jenkinsrob »

Did you monitor the job while it was running?

How many rows went between the CFF and Transformer and how many between the Transformer and the Oracle Stage??

Is someone else inserting rows into that same table??
kris_daredevil
Participant

Post by kris_daredevil »

Thanks jenkinsrob for ur reply,
No i did not monitor the job, i started the job before going home and when i came back in the morning it was still running.. the job was running for nearly 12 hours, In the morning i tried it run for like1 million and again it went more than that 1 Million and no body else is playing with that table
KRIS