Error occurred during link open process

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kris9999
Participant

Post by kris9999 »

Hi everyone,
While running the job we are getting the following two errors:
CopyOfFDM84_88_PROJECT..exp_EMPTY_STRING_FDM: |CopyOfFDM84_88_PROJECT..PS_PROJECT_Ins.exp_PROJECT_INs: DSP.Open GCI $DSP.Open error -100.|

and the second error is:
CopyOfFDM84_88_PROJECT..PS_PROJECT_Ins.exp_PROJECT_INs: DSP.Open GCI $DSP.Open error -100.

Can anyone explain what this error is & how to resolve this.
Thanks & Regards,
Kris
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

Your request does not give us enough information from which to diagnose. Something, somewhere, is failing to be opened, but you can see that for yourself.

Please describe your job design, in particular the stage types used and which connect to which.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kris9999
Participant

Post by kris9999 »

Hi ray,
It goes like this:
Reads data from the source(SQ_PS_PROJECT) into a stage(transformer-exp_EMPTY_STRING_FDM) where string type data are cleansed and will be passed into another transformer(exp_PROJECT) where lookup tables are connected,followed by the target table(PS_PROJECT_Ins). The filtered data is normalized and is passed into another target(error) table.

ray.wurlod wrote:Welcome aboard. :D

Your request does not give us enough information from which to diagnose. Something, somewhere, is failing to be opened, but you can see that for yourself.

Please describe your job design, in particular the stage types used and which connect to which.
Thanks & Regards,
Kris
akhiln
Participant

Post by akhiln »

I don't know what's the actual error is......but you can run the job by giving "array size to 1"
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If "exp_EMPTY_STRING_FDM" is a transform stage I would look into that and see what functions you use in there. There is a problem in the GCI (general calling interface) and it might be that it is not finding a routine or program. A bit more information about the names referred in the error messages would be very helpful, telling us what parts are what type of stages.
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

Hi Kris9999,

Are you using any longvarchar or varchar field within your job?
Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.
kris9999
Participant

Post by kris9999 »

Hi akhiln,
After making array size=1,the job was finished successfully.But i need to check the data in the target table to know how the data was loaded.

akhiln wrote:I don't know what's the actual error is......but you can run the job by giving "array size to 1"
Thanks & Regards,
Kris
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

kris9999 wrote:Hi akhiln,
After making array size=1,the job was finished successfully.But i need to check the data in the target table to know how the data was loaded.

akhiln wrote:I don't know what's the actual error is......but you can run the job by giving "array size to 1"
Changing array size to 1 meaning that you are using less buffer space at the time of reading from the database. In other words only one row is read from the database at a time. Meaning more trips to database (for each single row). What was the array size when you were getting that error? If it is too large then it may run out of the memory. (That's what happened for you, may be)
Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.