upgradation from DS4.2(Mainframe) to DS7.0 or the latest

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tom
Participant

upgradation from DS4.2(Mainframe) to DS7.0 or the latest

Post by tom »

Hi all,
right now am working in DS version 4.2(Mainframe),and the organisation is planing to upgrade the DS VERSION to the latest.i wanna know what is the procedure to upgrade.it will be good if someone throws light on this issue.
Thanx
STM
Devlopers corner
dls
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dls »

Some basic stuff:

1. Export your project(s).

2. Save a copy of your JCL templates and anything else that's not included in the export (e.g., mainframe profiles ?, ect.)

3. Review the readme.txt. There have been some significant enhancements since the early release that you'll want to be familiar with; e.g., conditional lookups, EOF processing, presorting, etc.)

4. Follow the relevant instructions in the Install/Upgrade documentation.

:shock: v4.2 must have been the first release of DS390. I thought it was later.
tom
Participant

Post by tom »

Thanks DLS,
actually my concern is not that.i want information regarding how we should buy the latest version or how to upgrade the DS 4.2 to the latest one with the same license.is it possible to upgrade using the same license or else we have to buy the whole software with a new agreement.

STM
Devlopers corner
dls
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dls »

There's an IBM/Ascential sales exec associated with your account. I suggest that you contact him/her. They should be able to explain your options and make some recommendations.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

tom wrote:is it possible to upgrade using the same license or else we have to buy the whole software with a new agreement.
Are you under maintenance? If so, you are entitled to the latest version at no extra charge, that's part of what you are paying for.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers