Calling Stored Procedure in OCI Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

edward_m
Charter Member
Charter Member

Calling Stored Procedure in OCI Stage

Post by edward_m »

ALL,

I tried to call my oracle stored procedure in before SQL in OCI stage by using the following syntax
CALL <procedure name> ;;
but its giving error saying ORA-06576: not a valid function or procedure name.
Is there any other way to call stored procedure in oracle.?

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Before you can call a stored procedure from DataStage you must first import the stored procedure definition (so that arguments may be checked).

Verify the syntax for CALL - sometimes curly braces are required.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
edward_m
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by edward_m »

I did try to import this stored procedure its saying that stored procedure has failed to report a result set (no parameters for this procedure).
I got the following error.
DSR.MetaGeta(GET.PROC.BY.EXEC.COLUMNS)(SQLExecDirect( '{CALL "TRUNCATE_SUBSCRIBER_IMP"}' )): BCI Error:
SQLSTATE=S1000,CODE=6550,[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][INTERSOLV][ODBC Oracle 8 driver][Oracle 8]ORA-06550: line 1, column 8:
PLS-00201: identifier 'TRUNCATE_SUBSCRIBER_IMP' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 1, column 8:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored.

Note: this procedure works perfectly in sql prompt.
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

If you have DS 7.5 and above use the Stored Procedure Stage or you can write a Routine. I don't believe the OCI Stage supports.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It 'supports' and you don't need to import the metadata in order to call from the before or after sql tab.

Try it without the trailing semi-colons.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
edward_m
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by edward_m »

Craig,

I tried without trailing semicolons,still its giving ORA-06576: not a valid function or procedure name error.
Could u suggest me how to call stored procedure in a routine,i am using Datastage 5.2 on windows server.

Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

To be honest, I didn't notice the version number. I know the 'call' syntax works in 7.x but perhaps it doesn't in that version. :?

Verify the format by searching the forum, there should be several conversations on the subject from what I recall.

You don't want to go down the routine route. You'd have to use BCI and that only would work for 30 days before forcing you to pay for a copy of the drivers, as they are only licensed for use from inside a job.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
edward_m
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by edward_m »

Thanks for your quick response.
You'd have to use BCI and that only would work for 30 days before forcing you to pay for a copy of the drivers, as they are only licensed for use from inside a job.
How do i get BCI..

Thanks.
nvkuriseti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nvkuriseti »

Hey,

I worked with STORED PROCEDURE by using Argument(s). In fact, I don't need argument in my STORED PROCEDURE, but I got the same error so that tried and worked successfully.

Example: OCI Stage --> Output "tab" --> SQL "tab" --> Before "tab" --> CALL SP_ONE(DUMMY_ARG)

Hope this will work.

Regards,
Venkat
edward_m
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by edward_m »

Hi Venkat,

I did pass dummy argument to mu SP and i am able to call this Stored procedure in my DS job.

Thanks a lot Venkat.
Thanks for All replies.