Sybase ODBC quote character 000

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lgharis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sybase ODBC quote character 000

Post by lgharis »

We created a new job today with an ODBC stage for a Sybase table. The ODBC connection works fine. We imported a table definition. We had to put 000 in the "ODBC quote character" field for the "View Data" to work successfully. Can someone enlighten me as to the significance of 000 in this field?
I have searched the this forum, the DataDirect forums and the internet with no success.
Leroy Gharis

Dallas, TX
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Three zeroes as the quote character indicates that there is no quote character in the data.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A three-digit number in this field is interpreted as the decimal ASCII value of the quote character. The same technique can be used in the delimiter character and quote character fields in Sequential File stages.

If you have NLS enabled you can also use a four-digit hexadecimal number which is the Unicode code point for the quote/delimiter character.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.