Project Cleanup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bdixon
Participant

Project Cleanup

Post by bdixon »

Hi All,

I have just upgraded from datastage 5.2 to 7.5.1A and in the administrator there is no cleanup button for the project. Can anyone tell me where this has gone or if it is now replaced with something else?

Brad
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Pretty sure that all that option did was reindex the project and yes, it has been removed from the Administrator. You can fall back on the 'old fashioned' way and do the reindexing from DS.TOOLS or directly from a TCL prompt.

An exact search on 'cleanup project' will turn up quite a number of examples, Brad. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As well as reindexing, Cleanup also searched for and removed orphans left over from incomplete job deletions. Yes, "they" took it out with no explanation given.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
bdixon
Participant

Post by bdixon »

how can i now in version 7.5 removed orphans left over from incomplete job deletions ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Prevention is better than cure. "They" have allegedly made the deletion process more robust - the justification for removing the functionality.

I believe it still exists under the DS.TOOLS menu, however. Even if it doesn't, the command that it used to drive is almost certainly still in the VOC file, and if that's not there, the CLEAN.ACCOUNT tool will do it for you.

But, really, you don't need to be paranoid about things - orphans take up a tiny amount of disk space and don't really get in the way.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.