Project Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bdixon
Participant

Project Error

Post by bdixon »

Hi All,

me again. i have another problem with the upgrade of datastage from 5 to 7.5.
Most of my projects have upgraded ok however i have the following error.
Error Calling subroutine: DSR_PROJECT (Action=1); check datastage is setup correctly in project Archive (Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

Any ideas?

Brad
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

This message is often seen in corrupted projects. Did anything go wrong during the upgrade or import into this project? Which of the tools is giving you the error (Director, Designer, Manager) or does it happen with all three?
rkdatastage
Participant

Post by rkdatastage »

This message is often seen in corrupted projects. Did anything go wrong during the upgrade or import into this project? Which of the tools is giving you the error (Director, Designer, Manager) or does it happen with all three?

Hi Arndw

can you give me suggestion that why you are asking this question. what is the point i had to be noted in your question. when can a project be corrupted....? what is the fact finding you are noticing by asking this question....."Which of the tools is giving you the error (Director, Designer, Manager) or does it happen with all three?"

I am unable to identify which criteria you are analyzing .

eagerly waiting for your valuable suggestion.

Thanks in advance

RK
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

RK,

DataStage has so many components that it is necessary to find out exactly where the error is occurring. If it occurs in all the client connection tools and with different users then it is almost certain that the error is in the project and not on the client side. In that case the project is corrupted. If it occurs only when running jobs from a specific user-id then the cause would need to be looked at elsewhere.

Here it would seem that DS is working on the server (since no problems are reported for other projects) and the assumption is that connectivity works to them from the user's system.

It would be a waste of time to suggest performing activities within DS.TOOLS if this problem weren't limited to just one updated project. So I will wait to hear from poster before addressing problems that might not even exist.