Clearing Logs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
I think nothing will do it unless your going to try hack the files and delete the entries directly.
Unless you can make the instances reoccur along time there for not making to much of a mess along time.
Or delete them manually.

I know it's not much help :(
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

The instance ids are stored in 2 places in RT_LOGnnn and RT_STATUSnnn. You could hack these and delete these directly as Roy stated but I would not recommend that rither. You can setup autopurge and delete anything over 2 days old. I think autopurge with reusing the same instance ids is the best idea like Roy.
Mamu Kim
kool_cons
Participant

Post by kool_cons »

I already enabled the option in adminstrator by project level for auto purging over last 2 job runs. seems it is not working.still i was able to see all past entries. But if you try in director,set the option as job wise, it works. but it is messy process to change the option for all job(morethan 500 jobs). I would like set this options as project level.Is there any way.
Thanks In advance
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The setting at the Project level only applies to new jobs created after the change was put into place.

You have a couple of options. You can create a routine to take a value and update all existing jobs with that value - but that implies a good knowledge of the inner workings of things DataStage.

Something else you can try. Export all of your jobs. Reimport all of the jobs. They should now have the new defaults. I think.

(try it with one first) :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Ken Bland posted a routine to update all jobs with purge settings. Do a search. Works great.
Mamu Kim
rleishman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rleishman »

Sorry to reopen an old thread, but there was an unanswered thought that was useful to me, and possibly will be to others.
chulett wrote:Something else you can try. Export all of your jobs. Reimport all of the jobs. They should now have the new defaults. I think.

(try it with one first) :wink:
Tried it (with one first :wink: ). It worked. Thanks Craig.
Ross Leishman
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Reimporting all jobs can be excessive for so simple of a problem.

The log settings are a single row in each and every log file for a job. Change a couple of attributes (columns) in that row and viola! Purge settings are updated.

It's a shame that release 7.5 still doesn't have a feature in DS Manager to mass update a selection set of jobs log settings. I didn't see anything in the 8.0 release notes at the Smokeout in Las Vegas about helping you out there. When 8.0 comes out, give us about 2 weeks to retrofit our utilities for the enhancements due to the repository migration. 8)
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle