How to Use DB2 Connect for Extracting DB2 / Mainframe Data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sasidhar_kari
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to Use DB2 Connect for Extracting DB2 / Mainframe Data

Post by sasidhar_kari »

Hi All,

Can any one tell me how to use DB2 Connect to extract DB2/Mainframe (Database) Data from Server Jobs. I m new to DB2 Connect, Pls let me know wht are the steps i need to follow to connect to DB2 Which is on Mainframe using Server Jobs.

As of my Knowledge we need to Install DB2 Connect and DB2 Database Client . And instead of DB2 Stage we need to use DB2 Connect for extraction. But i dont know how to connect from DB2 Connect to DB2 Database / Mainframe .

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards
Sasi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This would be better posted on a DB2 forum - it's set up entirely within DB2 Connect - DataStage at run time is simply another client application as far as DB2 is concerned. It's DB2 Connect that controls where the data come from or go to.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Marley777
Premium Member
Premium Member

Connecting to mainframe db2 tables form server jobs

Post by Marley777 »

So any luck on connecting to mainframe tables form server jobs. Can DataStage even do this? This question is really for anyone.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

RStone,

DataStage can connect from a UNIX machine to DB/2 tables on the mainframe both from Server and PX.

If one can set up a DB/2 connect then one can get the data using DataStage. If DB/2 connectivity is not set up then DataStage cannot retrieve data - this is more of a configuration question and therefore might be better answered in a DB/2 forum.
Marley777
Premium Member
Premium Member

mainframe db2

Post by Marley777 »

Thanks for reading

If DB/2 connectivity is set up. What stage would we use in DataStage? Could we use the udb/db2 stage, but set up for remote conection to the mainframe the same way would set up for remote connections between servers that have DataStage installed?
sasidhar_kari
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sasidhar_kari »

Datastage is installed on AIX Box and Client is installed on Windows. Alos DB2 Client is installed.
Will DB2 Connect supports to extract data if my DS Server is on AIX?

Pls provide the procedure of using DB2 Connect from DS. Should i need to install any other things like drivers....?

Thanks
SohelPR
Participant

Any luck??

Post by SohelPR »

Even im looking for the same db2connect and i-series server access from datastage ??