Output link order

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dspxlearn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Output link order

Post by dspxlearn »

Hi all,

My problem might be a basic problem for all you people...
I have a transformer from which four links are going out.Then after running the job.I had to link one more kink form the same transformer.Now when i am doing this , the fifth output link which i was trying to join was going up of the fourth link which i already linked before and it is overlapping on the other stages..I have tried a lot to adjust it..But no guess...

Is there any other way around to do this.... :D
Thanks and Regards!!
dspxlearn
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

One of the icons on the top of the transform window in the designer lets you specify the column ordering.
dspxlearn
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dspxlearn »

Hi ArndW,

None of the icons of the Transformer serves this problem..If i am not wrong the link execution order is not related to this... :(
Thanks and Regards!!
dspxlearn
Bala R
Participant

Post by Bala R »

dspxlearn wrote:Hi ArndW,

None of the icons of the Transformer serves this problem..If i am not wrong the link execution order is not related to this... :(
The posts subject says its Output link order :? .
Is your problem is one of GUI representation? If thats so try dragging the transformer's and other stage's edges to make them larger and roomier for all the links coming out.
IHTH.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The output link execution order can be changed as I suggested.

Go into the Designer and double-click on the transform stage in question to open it. In your window you will see, at the top and beginning at the left a line of little icons. Choose the rightmost.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

dspxlearn wrote:None of the icons of the Transformer serves this problem..If i am not wrong the link execution order is not related to this... :(
Not true. Arnd is correct that both the Input and Output link execution orders can be changed from inside the Transformer via supplied 'widgets'. Note that it will not change the order shown on the canvas, but that doesn't matter.

If that bothers you, disconnect the transformer end of all the output links and then reconnect them in the output order desired.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The apparent order (on the design canvas) can not be changed - the tool does not give you the ability to select the attach points between links and stages - rather this is computed by an internal algorithm in the client tool. You can hover the mouse pointer over a link to determine its execution order.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sure you can, now that 'hanging links' are allowed it is fairly straight-forward. While technically you don't determine the attachment point you can control the execution order by connecting them back in the desired order. It also (typically) has the added bonus of making the 'visual order' match the execution order. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers