Abnormal Termination of Jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

poornimajayan
Participant

Abnormal Termination of Jobs

Post by poornimajayan »

I have a Job which loads a Hash File from a DRS.The job aborts with an Abnormal termination.The project is set newly.All jobs under this category have this error.Can anyone please help?

From the reset this is what is returned under previous run:

1st entry:

From previous run
DataStage Job 1512 Phantom 14950
Program "DSD.RUN": Line 2081,Variablr previously undefined.Zero length string used.
Program "DSD.RUN": Line 2081,Variablr previously undefined.Zero length string used.
jobnotify: Unknown error
[149556] DSD.StageRun J_HASH_TYPE.J_Hash_TYPE.Trans_PS_TYPE 1 0/0/1 - core dumped.

2nd entry:

From previous run
DataStage Job 1512 Phantom 14956
Abnormal termination of DataStage.
Fault type is 10. Layer type is BASIC run machine.
Fault occurred in BASIC program DSP.Open at address 574.

Poornima
loveojha2
Participant

Re: Abnormal Termination of Jobs

Post by loveojha2 »

poornimajayan wrote:
1st entry:

From previous run
DataStage Job 1512 Phantom 14950
jobnotify: Unknown error
[149556] DSD.StageRun J_HASH_TYPE.J_Hash_TYPE.Trans_PS_TYPE 1 0/0/1 - core dumped.

Poornima
Hey, looks like an uninitialized stage variable is used in either a target link column or in another stage variable. I remember Chulett once wrote something about core dumped related error, pointing a very critical error. :?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

the core dump is just an effect, when a program gets it's internals so messed up that it can't continue and aborts it will generate a core. I can say with confidence that if you look into almost any one of your project directories you will see a core file there.

The error in this case is most likely as has already been suggested - usage of an uninitialized variable within the transform.
poornimajayan
Participant

Re: Abnormal Termination of Jobs

Post by poornimajayan »

The error is no way related to a particular Job.So I don't think it is pertaining to variable of a particular projecr. The error remains the same whatever Job I run in the project. I feel it is some way related to some settings only.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you claim that this occurs in every job, at the same line number??

Is your design

Code: Select all

DRS ---> Transformer --->  HashedFile
or is it more complex than that? Please describe everything that you do in the Transformer stage: stage variable initialization expressions, stage variable derivation expressions, output link constraint expressions, output column derivation expressions. It is one of these that is giving the problem; dare I suggest that the problem may be between the keyboard and the chair?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.