Deleting corrupted Empty category/folder

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jetlim
Participant

Deleting corrupted Empty category/folder

Post by jetlim »

Hi,

I tried to delete empty category/folder in my datastage project but to no avail. The category remains there even after perform delete action using Datastage designer.

I suspect the folder is corrupted. Is there any way to clean up these empty folder/category ?

Thanks,
Jet
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Have you tried performing the deletion from the Manager? There are client tools other than the Designer, ya know. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jetlim
Participant

Post by jetlim »

Yes tried with Datastage manager but still fail to delete the folder. Any other how to resolve ?
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

Hey try this also (on your own risk)

If the category is at the parent level

Code: Select all

Delete from DS_JOBS WHERE NAME ='\\\catname'
Where catname is the name of the category.

else

Code: Select all

Delete from DS_JOBS WHERE NAME ='\\\catname1\catname2\catnamen'
Where catname1, catname2,...,catnamen-1 is the hierarchy of the parent category and catnamen is the category to be deleted.

Caution: But please don't delete any category in this way if the category has subcategories or jobs within it, it would be dangerous. :evil:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

jetlim wrote:Yes tried with Datastage manager but still fail to delete the folder. Any other how to resolve ?
Do you get an error of any kind? What actually happens when you attempt the deletion?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

chulett wrote:Have you tried performing the deletion from the Manager? There are client tools other than the Designer, ya know. :wink:
As of version 8.x there is no more Manager client. Its functionality is all moved into the DataStage/QualityStage Designer. Fewer client tools, yay!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chinek
Participant

Post by chinek »

ray.wurlod wrote:
chulett wrote:Have you tried performing the deletion from the Manager? There are client tools other than the Designer, ya know. :wink:
As of version 8.x there is no more Manager client. Its functionality is all moved into the DataStage/QualityStage Designer. Fewer client tools, yay!
I thot it would be more logical to move the functionality to the Director.Very interesting. But I agree it's much better to have less...bit like the cliche "less is more"..
myotoo
Participant

Post by myotoo »

Jet,

In datastage administrator, command line delete statement can delete this category.

Regards,

Myo
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It may also be that the index on CATEGORY is not up to date. You may try re-indexing the Repository.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.