Error viewing the source data from ORAOCI9

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

trainee9999
Charter Member
Charter Member

Error viewing the source data from ORAOCI9

Post by trainee9999 »

Hi All,

I am trying to pull 100,000 rows from ORACLE. I need to do some simple tranformations and send it to ORACLE Target.

Oracle Version : 9.2.0.1.0

DS version: 7.5.1.A

The Design is simple:

SRC_ORA-------------->Transformer------------>TGT_ORA

I am getting the following error when I try to view the source data from ORAOCI 9 instance and same error when I run the job.

Job Log Fatal Error:

ORAOCI..Oracle_OCI_1: Table Name is a required link property for Link DSLink1
ORAOCI..Oracle_OCI_1.DSLink1: DSP.Open GCI $DSP.Open error -100.

Can anyone please get me out of this.

Thanks in Advance,
Arvind Chenna(Ac)
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are you using User Defined SQL in your source stage? This is typically where this error can occur as you may not have ever gotten anything into the 'Table Name' field in the stage. It is required by the stage even though it is not used by your User Defined SQL.

One way to fix it is to switch to Column Generated, click 'Build', put something in the 'From' clause, close it and then switch back to User Defined. Your original SQL will still be there but that pesky 'required field' will now be filled.

Or right-click on the stage and select 'Grid Style'. Switch to Outputs / Properties and you'll see the Table Name field directly. Again, put something there and then close the stage.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
trainee9999
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by trainee9999 »

Craig,

Amazingly good, it worked.

I was not using any user defined SQL so I followed the second option of switching to column generated, and clicked build button to change something...

That really worked well and I have the job running fine.

The only problem is that the job is taking little longer to complete.
(1min 4 seconds) Row count: 110,000.
Just a pass through transformation.

Windows Version.

I was using ODBC stages earlier to complete the job. It used to take 50 seconds. I changed to ORAOCI to improve on performance.

Is there any way we can improve the time taken to complete the job.
Any kind of preformance inprovement measure would help.

Thanks in Advance,
Arvind Chenna(Ac)
Bala R
Participant

Post by Bala R »

There should not be much difference between connecting to Oracle using ODBC or sqlnet in my IMHO. Is there a change in your query between now and then?. Or try changing the Array size to a larger value in OCI stage. HTH.