DB2 UDB API Connection

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

snassimr
Premium Member
Premium Member

DB2 UDB API Connection

Post by snassimr »

Hi !

What my possibiliteies to connect to DB2 on AS400 .

Can I use DB2 UDB API ?
garthmac
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by garthmac »

Yes! I use the DB2 plugin to access DB2 on Unix and AS400.
Garth
snassimr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by snassimr »

Can you post basic configuration generated wiith tool of designer ?

I get errror Win32 error in Load Library dsdb2.dll

what does it mean ?
garthmac
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by garthmac »

Sorry, I don't think I'll be of much help with your setup because our DataStage installation is on Unix. Have you done a search on the internet to help diagnosing your Win32 error?
Garth
grnelson75
Participant

Post by grnelson75 »

garthmac wrote:Sorry, I don't think I'll be of much help with your setup because our DataStage installation is on Unix. Have you done a search on the internet to help diagnosing your Win32 error?
I am getting the same error but on AIX. It's complaining aobut not being able to load drsdb2.so. Anyone know how to fix this?
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Have you gone through the DB2 installation steps in the DataStage Installation guide? You need to make sure the correct settings have been applied to the dsenv file and the setup and grant scripts have been run.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I believe you will need to have DB2 Connect installed to be able to use the DB2 UDB API from a UNIX machine to access tables on an AS/400 machine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DaleK
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DaleK »

Yes, you need DB2 connect installed on the datastage sever. You only need the client installed on the DataStage server. The server or Gateway (that's what the DB2 connect person here calls it) piece resides on a seperate server in our house.

Then you need to change your dsenv file to add the path to where DB2 connect is installed, and of course stop and restart DataStage.

Have a great day,