How to give Permission to access jobs to a Particular User

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sasidhar_kari
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to give Permission to access jobs to a Particular User

Post by sasidhar_kari »

Hi All,

I want to give permission to access only some jobs, to particular user in my project. So that he will not have permission to access other jobs.
Can any one tell me how to give permission to particular user.

Thanks in Advance
SASI
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

The permissions are given at the project level to the groups on the system(OS). Don't think that you can set the permission at the job level. :?
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Permissions are managed thru the DS Administrator. They are handled as user groups having access to projects. There is no method for separating job access because internally they are stored in the same table.

Your best option is to separate users as Operators and Developers.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
sasidhar_kari
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sasidhar_kari »

Thank u, Keneeth and Loveojh02 for u r Response,

So, I can give project level access to the users created .

I mean if create 2 users as User1 and User2 of which user1 as Developer and user2 as Operator, I Can restrict user1 (Developer) for not accessing particular Project . Operator we cant restrict, Operator can have access to all the projects.
Pls Correct me if I m wrong.

Thanks and Regards
Sasi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can not control access at the individual job level, other than by having the jobs in separate projects.

You can manage access to projects with better effect than you imagine by well-planned and systematic use of operating system groups in conjunction with DataStage roles. Have a separate group for each project, and add users to those groups as required. Make sure too that every user is in another group that is associated with the DataStage Engine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dssiddu
Participant

Re: How to give Permission to access jobs to a Particular Us

Post by dssiddu »

sasidhar_kari wrote:Hi All,

I want to give permission to access only some jobs, to particular user in my project. So that he will not have permission to access other jobs.
Can any one tell me how to give permission to particular user.

Thanks in Advance
SASI
hi

i hope we con't give permission to individuals jobs in data stage.
Data Stage users means os users ,so we assign roles at DS administrator level only that project level