Finding the jobs that use a field in a hash file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SonShe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Finding the jobs that use a field in a hash file

Post by SonShe »

When a column is dropped from a hash file and the hash file is being used in many jobs, I would like to know if the column definition has been modified in all the jobs. I will appreciate a lot if any one can help me or give me any idea how I can get this detail.

Thanks.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Have a look at the FAQ on DataStage reporting options. Probably the easiest way is to load up the DataStage Reporting Assistant and write your own query to retrieve all jobs using that column.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you've been punctilious with maintaining the link between the table definition in the Repository and the Hashed File stages in all jobs (that is, always loading from or saving to the Repository), then you should be able to use Usage Analysis in the Manager to show you the jobs in which that table definition is used. Right click on each job in turn and choose Locate in Manager to select that particular job - this way you don't have to worry what category it is in - DataStage will find it for you.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Ray only developers down under are punctilious or are the only ones who would admit to it. :wink:
Mamu Kim
SonShe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SonShe »

Thank you all for the response.