Error Mail in Job Sequencer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gr17
Participant

Error Mail in Job Sequencer

Post by gr17 »

Hello,

I am running a job sequencer which has some sequencers loading Dimension and Fact tables.

It is something like this the main seq (FullLoad) which has 5 sequencers loading dimension tables

Seq1---seQ(Srcjob)-seq(xfmjob)--seq(tgtjob) ----(if status 1 or 2)

Seq2---seQ(Srcjob)-seq(xfmjob)--seq(tgtjob) ----(if status 1 or 2)

Seq3---seQ(Srcjob)-seq(xfmjob)--seq(tgtjob) ----(if status 1 or 2)

Seq4---seQ(Srcjob)-seq(xfmjob)--seq(tgtjob) ----(if status 1 or 2)

Seq5---seQ(Srcjob)-seq(xfmjob)--seq(tgtjob) ----(if status 1 or 2)

they all go to a SEquence and then the job populating Fact table starts.
if the (Status =3) then they all go to a sequence which triggers the notification activity which sends a mail to the developer and the business user informing the job got Aborted and then Terminates the job (Iam using a Terminator Stage) .

my problem is sometimes this process works fine i.e when I fail a seq the FullLoad seq gets aborted and I get the error mail. But sometimes when the Fullload gets aborted I am not getting the mail, the log shows
---(ROUTINE DSSendMail) skipped and then it terminates the job.

I tried Exception Handler but when a Seq aborted the Exception handler was not even triggered.

Am I missing something. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
GR
gr17
Participant

Post by gr17 »

Hello,

The problem is fixed after I selected the option
Do not checkpoint the run in the Notification activity.

when I first run the full sequence if any of the sequencer job gets aborted the other jobs were stopped , error mails we sent and the the full sequence gets aborted , after fixing the problem in the sequencer which aborted, I started the Full sequence again for some reason if another sequencer job got aborted then it used to stop the jobs and abort the sequence but skipped sending the mail.

After I selected the option Do not Checkpoint the run, it is working fine.

Thanks,
GR