Usage of Dsexport

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Andal
Participant

Usage of Dsexport

Post by Andal »

Hi

My requirement is to take a export of some 200 jobs. I tried something like this

Code: Select all

C:\PROGRA~1\Ascential\DataStage7.5>dsexport /U=Username  /P=Password /H=Hostname /JOB=Jobname Newproj aa.dsx 
My problem is , i am not getting the executables along with the job, and I want to append all the jobs to a single DSX. Where can i get the docs for dsexport?

I tried the search facility but couldnt get anything to match my criteria.

Can someone help on this?
Rgds
Anand
ds_developer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_developer »

Try the DS documentation in man_gde.pdf, a.k.a. Manager Guide.

John
singhald
Participant

Post by singhald »

Hello
First go to Datastge manager -->Export-->Datastege component---->
Atfter that its on you if u want to export whole projet or selection of jobs on you. u can export the jobs.
Regards,
Deepak Singhal
Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end.
Andal
Participant

Post by Andal »

Thanks John, But I couldnt find much info abt the dsexport in the doc.

Singhald, I just told you a example. We are having nearly 12000 jobs in our project. Out of that I have to export 200 jobs and this would not be a one time process, we have to do this frequently.

That's why I thought of doing a automation. My idea is, if we specify the jobnames in a text file or something , i want that to be exported to a single DSX.

Can anyone help on this regard.
Rgds
Anand
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

Andal wrote:Thanks John, But I couldnt find much info abt the dsexport in the doc.

Singhald, I just told you a example. We are having nearly 12000 jobs in our project. Out of that I have to export 200 jobs and this would not be a one time process, we have to do this frequently.

That's why I thought of doing a automation. My idea is, if we specify the jobnames in a text file or something , i want that to be exported to a single DSX.

Can anyone help on this regard.
Hey Anand try this

$IFNDEF JOBCONTROL.H 
	$INCLUDE DSINCLUDE JOBCONTROL.H 
$ENDIF
OpenSeq "c:\filelist.txt" To FileVar Else Call DSLogWarn("This Program","Message")
Loop 
	ReadSeq FileLine From FileVar ELSE Ans='1';CloseSeq FileVar;Exit
	Call DSExecute("NT","C:\Progra~1\Ascential\DataStage\DSExport.exe /U=uname /P=password /H=servername /JOB=" : FileLine : " prjname c:\aa.dsx",Abc,Abcd)
	Call DSExecute("NT","copy c:\desxport.dsx+c:\aa.dsx c:\desxport.dsx/Y",Abc,Abcd)
Repeat
CloseSeq FileVar
Ans='1'
Andal
Participant

Post by Andal »

$IFNDEF JOBCONTROL.H 
	$INCLUDE DSINCLUDE JOBCONTROL.H 
$ENDIF
OpenSeq "c:\filelist.txt" To FileVar Else Call DSLogWarn("This Program","Message")
Loop 
	ReadSeq FileLine From FileVar ELSE Ans='1';CloseSeq FileVar;Exit
	Call DSExecute("NT","C:\Progra~1\Ascential\DataStage\DSExport.exe /U=uname /P=password /H=servername /JOB=" : FileLine : " prjname c:\aa.dsx",Abc,Abcd)
	Call DSExecute("NT","copy c:\desxport.dsx+c:\aa.dsx c:\desxport.dsx/Y",Abc,Abcd)
Repeat
CloseSeq FileVar
Ans='1'
Hey Love

Thanks for your code man. In your code you are doing the Copy, it wont work in Datastage because it is inserting some ascii characters which datastage cant understand. Instead of that if we use Append, it is working fine.

But still my original problem exists. I cannot include the job executables.
Rgds
Anand