problem with db2 stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I suspect it's using a ODBC connection to establish queries that confirm the SQL quote and delimiter characters, verify table and column names, and so on.

Try creating an ODBC data source name (DSN) with the same name as your DB2 instance (as it's known to your DataStage job).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ppalka
Participant

Post by ppalka »

I have defined an ODBC DSN and now I get the following errors:
loaddb2..DB2_UDB_Load_4: ERROR occurred : loading table, SQLCODE -1024
loaddb2..DB2_UDB_Load_4: SQL1024C Połączenie z bazą danych nie istnieje. SQLSTATE=08003
(translation: A connection to database doesn't exist)
loaddb2..DB2_UDB_Load_4: Error occurred while loading table
loaddb2..DB2_UDB_Load_4: Internal Error: Function 'load_data' failed
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage loaddb2..DB2_UDB_Load_4

When I used an ODBC or DB2/UDB API stage it works fine. It gets aborted when I am using DB2/UDB Load stage.
Any ideas what I need to make this working?

Regards,
Piotrek
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

Well the DB2 API uses the DB2 Client and handles the records serially. If you desire to use UDB or BulkLoad then you need to install the DataStage executables at each DB2 node in order to have this work.
ppalka
Participant

Post by ppalka »

You mean that I need install DS client on that machine where I have db2 server? Or DS server? And it will solve the problem? Any further steps to do in configuration?
trokosz
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by trokosz »

I mean to exploit the DB2 UDB and Bulkloader, since they do not use the DB2 Client, that you would need to install DataStage on each of the DB2 nodes in order to make this work....

If you don't have the DataStage licenses to accomodate this then your forced to use the DB2 Client or DB2 API and operate serially...
ppalka
Participant

Post by ppalka »

I have got working properly DB2 UDB API stage. And I have a DB2 client installed on my ds server machine. And I want DB2 Buld load stage to use DB2 client software to connect to a remote db2 server machine. But it is not working. I suppose that db2 client is installed properly, cause I have tested a db2 udb api stage to work fine.
PS. Are you Polish?