Can a stopped sequence be restartable

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

manishk
Participant

Can a stopped sequence be restartable

Post by manishk »

HI ,

The Sequence gets restarted from the point where the job failed, because of the checkpoint option.

Suppose the sequence is stopped manually, is it possible that the sequence can start from the point where are job has been stoped.

Please let me know the options in this case.

FYI ..we are using DataStage 7.1 version
Thanks
Manish
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No.

The job sequence must be reset or recompiled. Either of these will remove the checkpoint information from the stopped run.

Therefore there are no options.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rleishman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rleishman »

I noticed the same thing and thought it odd.

Does anyone know if there is a rational reason behind this? It seems like an oversight. If we all asked Ascential nicely, would they build it into v8?
Ross Leishman
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Stopped manually is a special case - it has its own status value. You won't get it into version 8, because that's almost finished beta testing and is just about ready to ship. Version 10 maybe, if you can make a business case (so that it's worthwhile IBM expending the effort).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.