does DS support metadata from Synonyms public or private??

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pavanns
Participant

does DS support metadata from Synonyms public or private??

Post by pavanns »

Hi,
I am trying to import metadata frm schema but am not able to see the synonyms created in the schema from the other schema..

say for example i have 2 schemas a,b
i have created a public synonym in 'a' for a table of 'b'..tried to import the same table def from 'a'(which i have access to in DS)...how ever i donot find the table or synonym created in the schema 'a'.how should i import the metadata frm a public or private synonym created..does DS support importing tables(synonyms created on diffetrent schemas)...

i am able to see views but that does not help me in dynamic environment as i donot have access to schema 'b' which is wholly used for a secured functionality that cannot be discussed across teh business...
pavan
loveojha2
Participant

Re: does DS support metadata from Synonyms public or private

Post by loveojha2 »

pavanns wrote:Hi,
I am trying to import metadata frm schema but am not able to see the synonyms created in the schema from the other schema..

say for example i have 2 schemas a,b
i have created a public synonym in 'a' for a table of 'b'..tried to import the same table def from 'a'(which i have access to in DS)...how ever i donot find the table or synonym created in the schema 'a'.how should i import the metadata frm a public or private synonym created..does DS support importing tables(synonyms created on diffetrent schemas)...

i am able to see views but that does not help me in dynamic environment as i donot have access to schema 'b' which is wholly used for a secured functionality that cannot be discussed across teh business...
Are you checking the include synonyms option when you try to import? It does provide you to get the metadata of the synonyms and from systables (include systables option DS7.x) as well.
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

No synonyms.

For example, Oracle OCI plugin metadata import prompts you for ALL OWNERS or a specific schema. It's just selecting from ALL_TABLES to get the tables to import, so therefore, you need to know the schema of interest rather than the synonym.

How can you create a synonym to a table you can't access? Therefore, just change the owner to reflect that schema and you should see the tables.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle