Datastage New Version 7.5.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sainath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datastage New Version 7.5.1

Post by sainath »

Hi
In our office we use datastage 7.1.r1.we strictly limited to server jobs.
and our jobs perfomance is not good.
i want to know how good is new vesion 7.5.1 to us.is there any bugs .
This new version improves job perfomance.we are also thinking of upgrading or database from 9i to 10g.
please share your experiences with new datastage version.
thks
ketfos
Participant

Post by ketfos »

go ahead and do it.
Ketfos
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Sainath,

upgrading from 7.1 to 7.5.1 will not automatically improve your performance. I think that is correct to say that newer versions will allow you more functionality that in turn will let you get more performance but there is no magic upgrade switch. Upgrading your Oracle from 9 to 10 is going to be the same - existing things are going to function as before, but you now have some added functionality that you can implement which may make things work quicker.
raycheung
Participant

Post by raycheung »

Hi, just want to put my 2c in...if DS job performance is not good, and assuming the job is well designed, wouldn't it come down to either server/hardware capacity, or may be even the database design?

Upgrading Oracle is an option, as long as you are not just exporting oracle tables across, because the table design could be flawed...so you might have a new 10g tag but end up with the same database performance.