export of datastage jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

SonShe
Premium Member
Premium Member

export of datastage jobs

Post by SonShe »

When exporting the project I got a meesage that "111 read only object were omitted". The export completed when I clicked the 'OK' button.

I will appreciate if any one can please help what this message is for and what it does. In my case, is the export really complete?

Thanks.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

By default read-only objects are omitted (you can change that in the options for your export). The read-only objects in question are probably all of the built-in DataStage objects and can be safely ignored.

Unless you specifically marked some of your DataStage objects as "read only" and need them your export worked correctly.
SonShe
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SonShe »

Thank you very much. Just curious to know if this message comes when Routines/Executables are also included in the export.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes.

Read-only objects are those supplied with the product. There are some Routines and Transforms supplied with the product.

The reason for omitting them is that they're unnecessary. They will exist in all projects (with the possible exception of plug-in stages, but these should not be transferred by export/import in any case - it does not register them).

Similarly, any property that has its default value set will not be exported, because it will have that same default value in any project into which it is imported.

Omitting read-only objects and omitting properties whose default values are set helps to keep the export file as small as possible.

As noted earlier, you can override this behaviour on the Options tab of the Export dialog.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.