Jobs invisible in Job Activity for Sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

via
Premium Member
Premium Member

Jobs invisible in Job Activity for Sequence

Post by via »

Hello everone,
I have created a sequence with 5 job activity icons. When i try to select a job for the job Activity tab my jobs are not visible or not accesible. (I am able to open them directly in the designer as individual jobs). The catogory that has the jobs shows a '+' sign but when i (click on '+')opens it, it has nothing to show in the jobactivity. Do i need to do some thing for the jobs to acces them in the job avtivity.
All i am doing is, i have individual jobs and batch job that are to be run one after the other in an order.
Any input to acces the jobs in the job activity is appreciated.

Thanks everyone.
Via
-------------------------------------
Learn all the way, as you Grow each Second
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Are the jobs not showing as job activities in the sequence job are in compiled and/or runable status? (they won't show if they are not)

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
via
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by via »

Thanks Roy,
They are compiled and are in runnable state. I am able to run them individually, but when i right click on sequence--> jobactivity-->property-->job-->jobname browser button, they are not accesible. And the entire category is blank, it shows nothing.(The category has parllel, server and a batch job).
But i am able to browse and select other parellel job and server jobs in different categorys that are already present in the project.
I am using win2003 and DS 7.5x2, so i don't think this is xp..sp2 problem as many of the sequences has already created on the same system with out any changes.
Why is it happening to the jobs that are created by me in the project :(

Thanks
Via
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Well mine shows correctly :?
It might be you need some reindexing on your repository (search for "reindex all" for more details)

Personally I always drag and drop the job I need from the repository window in the designer, is that showing ok in your case?
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
via
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by via »

Ray,
I am able to drag and drop, but strangly i am not able to acces them through jobactivity. I will try on Reindexing. For time beeing "draging and dropping" will move my work ahead!
Thanks Ray
Via
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Did you mean Roy? :roll:

I have seen this behaviour - admittedly on XP Pro SP2 - and it has since gone away, after I applied the SP2 patch. But I made some other changes too so I can't be sure what actually fixed it.

There was also a related issue where jobs in the top level category could be seen but jobs in the second level category could not be seen. All indexing was up to date.

What happens when you drag a job from the Jobs branch directly into the job sequence? Clearly that job's name must be visible, but is the jobs drop down them properly populated?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
via
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by via »

Oops!
I am sorry, i was refering to Roy.

Yes Ray, the jobs that are dragged on to the seqence are populated properly.
Myn is win2003, i dont know the fix.

Thanks Roy and Ray.
Via
bkarth
Premium Member
Premium Member

Do you know any fix for this?

Post by bkarth »

I am facing the same problem with Win 2003 and 7.5x2, any Idea how you guys fixed this? Any DS fix is available for this?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try dragging jobs from the Jobs branch of the repository directly into the job sequence. These seem to be OK.

There also seems to be a problem where the job's category is more than one level deep. I don't know if this is related.

And, as noted above, I did not fix this systematically, so I can't guess what actually fixed it. :cry:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.