Problem in using DRS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

manishk
Participant

Problem in using DRS

Post by manishk »

Hi ,

When DRS is being used, some times the job abort due to "abnormal Termination of the transfomer T1" . This transformer (T1) is connected to the DRS.

For the same table when we replaced the DRS with the ODBC then some datatypes are not getting selected like ""Interval Hr to Minute " ( This is of Informix ).

Do we have to take care of some parameter or environment when we are using DRS.

The source database is old one and the database doesnt support "CASTING" functions.

Thanks and Regards
Manish
Thanks
Manish
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

I'm not aware of any environment variable that can help, but what you can do is to switch to user-defined SQL. In this you can employ the non-standard Informix INTERVAL phrases.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
manishk
Participant

Post by manishk »

HI ,
Thanks for the Input . Are you suggesting me to use User defined SQL in ODBC or USer defined SQL in DRS ?

Even the User defined SQL in ODBC is not working while we are selecting the datatype "interval hour to min".(In this case( interval hr to min) the Datastage defination has been changed to varchar )

If i use the User defined qry in DRS then the error of "Abnormal Termination at transformer will come "
Thanks
Manish
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

As a stab in the dark I would say your job is aborting within the transformer due to some incorrect derivation or routine code. When you reset the job you should see a message appear in the long starting with the words "from last run.." which can contain additional debug error messages (retrieved from a file in the project &PH& directory) that can help you find the cause of the error.

The DRS stage may be returning data that the ODBC stage is losing so if you can get your transformer to work it may give you more accurate results.

If you do have data types that DataStage simply cannot handle then the user-defined SQL with the CAST statement built into the select is a good way to go.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
I think your problem is mixing native and ODBC data types.
ODBC import of table definition for that table will give you the type you should use when you perform a read using ODBC for that column.
Since DRS can support many connection types givven at run time it allows use of native types as column meta data.
In order to be able to switch between connection types using DRS you must never use native types not supprted by all the DBs/connection types you want to use.
Usually Informix Inteval is of the Integer nature.
IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org