Installation of DS 7.5.1A

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Installation of DS 7.5.1A

Post by rajeev_prabhuat »

Hi,

I have been provided with the setup of DS 7.5.1A and OS is Windows server (more details to be collected, what type of server it is) to install Datastage Server jobs alone, can i do it in the given setup and if possible what are the options that i have to set to do this activity.

What i know from my serch in dsxforum and ascential site and other reference is that only the latest version 7.5.2 EE can be runnable in Windows and those which are above 7.x and less than 7.5.2 can run only on unix. We can only complie jobs in 7.x in windows edition but to run we have to run it in unix. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Rajeev,

the restrictions on Windows are only regarding the Parallel Extender package and have nothing to do with operations of Server. You have posted your question in the Server forum so you should not have to worry about limited functionality when installing.

PX, on the other hand, will have limited functionality as stated in other posts on Windows unless you have that specific 7.5.2 version.
RAJEEV KATTA
Participant

Re: Installation of DS 7.5.1A

Post by RAJEEV KATTA »

Hi Prabhaut,
If you want to run only server jobs just go for the installation of DataStage Engine on windows as per ur required thing.And regarding the statement as u said "We can only complie jobs in 7.x in windows edition but to run we have to run it in unix" it is not correct.To run a parallel job u need a osh shell thats it.

Cheers,
Rajeev.

rajeev_prabhuat wrote:Hi,

I have been provided with the setup of DS 7.5.1A and OS is Windows server (more details to be collected, what type of server it is) to install Datastage Server jobs alone, can i do it in the given setup and if possible what are the options that i have to set to do this activity.

What i know from my serch in dsxforum and ascential site and other reference is that only the latest version 7.5.2 EE can be runnable in Windows and those which are above 7.x and less than 7.5.2 can run only on unix. We can only complie jobs in 7.x in windows edition but to run we have to run it in unix. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
rajeev_prabhuat
Participant

Post by rajeev_prabhuat »

Hi Rajeev,

Thank you for your comments. Can you elobrate how we can achive this in windows version by adding osh shell.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
RAJEEV KATTA wrote:Hi Prabhaut,
If you want to run only server jobs just go for the installation of DataStage Engine on windows as per ur required thing.And regarding the statement as u said "We can only complie jobs in 7.x in windows edition but to run we have to run it in unix" it is not correct.To run a parallel job u need a osh shell thats it.

Cheers,
Rajeev.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
RAJEEV KATTA
Participant

Post by RAJEEV KATTA »

Hi Prabhu,
Just go to your Ascential.media/DataStage Server directory in your DataStage 751A setup directory and run the setup.exe file.This would install your DataStage server.Check for the Ascential services from your control panel if they haven't been started after installation,start them and then create & run your server jobs this would serve your purpose of running server jobs.If your are particular about creating & running parallel jobs then you need to install windows Parallel extender i.e DS75x2 version of DataStage.

Cheers,
Rajeev.
rajeev_prabhuat wrote:Hi Rajeev,

Thank you for your comments. Can you elobrate how we can achive this in windows version by adding osh shell.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu
RAJEEV KATTA wrote:Hi Prabhaut,

Cheers,
Rajeev.

Regards,
Rajeev Prabhu