insert and update into same OCI

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use Code tags for formatting job designs, it's so much neater.

If you're going to update hashed files in "real time", then you need not only to disable read cache but also to lock for updates and to disable write cache in the other Hashed File stage.

This has been discussed before. Search, perhaps, for "lock for update" exact match.

And, of course, you need to pre-load the hashed file with keys from the target table. It's OK to use write cache to improve performance of this preliminary step.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The Transformer stage is in the job design posted. You haven't really contributed anything beneficial.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sumeet
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sumeet »

thanks
I have tried everything with hash file including lock for updates and disbling the cache. I was the one who had posted it. right now performance is not in picture.

Still working on it . any ideas are welcome
Sumeet