Modified Date

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

VasanthRM
Participant

Modified Date

Post by VasanthRM »

How do i find out when the job was last modified.........Is there any timestamps available to show it.

I want to know when the job was created and last modified? Where can i find these details.
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

Yes, you can view the timestamp (last date/time modified) from datastage manager, moreover if you want to use the timestamp of a job inside a job then you would need to use
DSGetJobInfo (JobHandle,DSJ.JOBLASTTIMESTAMP) function, where the JobHandle is the handle of that job.
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

Correction :
DSJ.JOBLASTTIMESTAMP : will tell you when the job was last run on the server. :(
I am not sure, do we have any provision to see when the job was first created (or saved) :?:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Date/time created, modified and deleted are all stored in a table called DS_AUDIT. Constrain on the column called INSTANCE which, for jobs, contains the job name.

Code: Select all

SELECT DTC, CREATOR FROM DS_AUDIT WHERE INSTANCE = '<<JobName>>';

Code: Select all

SELECT DTM, MODIFIER FROM UNNEST DS_AUDIT ON MODS WHERE INSTANCE = '<<JobName>>';
Note that DataStage/SQL is case sensitive.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In addition, last modified time is displayed in the Manager. For all objects, I do believe.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers