J_Stage_PS_LEDGER..IPC_in1.lkp_in: ds_ipcopen() - call to Cr

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sathyanveshi
Participant

J_Stage_PS_LEDGER..IPC_in1.lkp_in: ds_ipcopen() - call to Cr

Post by sathyanveshi »

Hi,

I'm encountering the folowing error. I'm seeing this error because of IPC stage being used.

"J_Stage_PS_LEDGER..IPC_in1.lkp_in: ds_ipcopen() - call to CreateFileMapping() failed - The handle is invalid."

Any suggestions and remedies please?

Cheers,
Mohan
Andal
Participant

Post by Andal »

If you are a Peoplesoft Customer, You can contact GSC to resolve this. But based upon your previous posts I hope that you are working in Wipro, In that case how you got this job?

Rgds
Anand
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: J_Stage_PS_LEDGER..IPC_in1.lkp_in: ds_ipcopen() - call t

Post by DeepakCorning »

I dont know why this error comes but i was able to remove this error by changing the IPC_TIME_OUT and IPC_BUFFER_SIZE values. I think the values are fed by two parameters and it will work if u feed it with some hard coded value. Try this and thn change it back to wht it was.
sathyanveshi wrote:Hi,

I'm encountering the folowing error. I'm seeing this error because of IPC stage being used.

"J_Stage_PS_LEDGER..IPC_in1.lkp_in: ds_ipcopen() - call to CreateFileMapping() failed - The handle is invalid."

Any suggestions and remedies please?

Cheers,
Mohan
sathyanveshi
Participant

Post by sathyanveshi »

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for the response. Infact, I did the same for a few jobs and they ran successfully. But for a few others, even that didn't work.

Moreover, the data that is passing the IPC stage in one of the cases is just 8 rows. Still, changing the parameter values didn't have any effect.

I would like to know the root cause for such an error.

Cheers,
Mohan