Return value of RowProcCompareWithPreviousValue??

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Return value of RowProcCompareWithPreviousValue??

Post by gateleys »

1. What does RowProcCompareWithPreviousValue return after the comparison? Is it 1 if True and 0 when false?

2. Can I use IF(NOT(sv_ID)) to check for false condition( sv_ID is my stage variable which uses RowProcCompareWithPreviousValue to compare my current ID with previous ID)? Or will it be IF(sv_ID=0)?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Look at the source of the routine. Check the online help for the System Variables in particular the definition of @TRUE and @FALSE.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ppalka
Participant

Re: Return value of RowProcCompareWithPreviousValue??

Post by ppalka »

gateleys wrote:1. What does RowProcCompareWithPreviousValue return after the comparison? Is it 1 if True and 0 when false?
Routine description:

The routine provides a persistent switch based upon the input data. If the supplied value compares with the previous value, 1 is returned, otherwise 0 is returned. This is useful in determining a grouping change.

This routine should not be used more than one place in a job. The previous value is shared with the routine RowProcGetPreviousValue, but this sharing will only work if the routines are used in the same process-chain of the job.

Example:

Input....................Returns

2. Can I use IF(NOT(sv_ID)) to check for false condition( sv_ID is my stage variable which uses RowProcCompareWithPreviousValue to compare my current ID with previous ID)? Or will it be IF(sv_ID=0)?
if sv_ID=0 then //when a new ID comes