Director Log File Stored

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hemant
Participant

Director Log File Stored

Post by hemant »

Hello All ,

Plz. let me know where is directior log file being stored in the datastage .
Can i send this file as an attachment via mail.
If yes then plz. let me know ....
if No let me know the alternatives.

Cause i have to send the end user ,which the job get error while running : via mail+log generated.

Thanks in advance

-Hemant
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The Director logs are not files they are hashed files in the project - RT_LOGnnn where nnn is the job number of the job being logged.

Search the forum, this has been discussed a bazillion times. There are routines to get the information, you can do it from the command line with 'dsjob', etc. Kim Duke has posted a whole suite of tools called ETLStats which is free for the downloading, and should give you an enormous leg up on your problem as part of what they do is exactly that. So... search. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Hello hemant,

the log file is actually a DataStage hashed file and cannot be processed from the OS level.

You can use the OS command "dsjob" and one of the following options:
-logsum
-logdetail
-lognewest

to get log information printed out to standard output, which you can then use as the body of mail.

Alternatively, you can use DataStage directly to send mail. Please search the forum for more information on that.